Official blog of the Kathleen Yamauchi Group Real EstateSubscribe
- Home Selling Tips
- Prescott AZ
- Real Estate 101
- Real Estate Market
- Real Estate News
- Real Estate Sales Transactions
- Team News
15415 N Chloe Trail
Luxurious Contemporary Rustic-Industrial Style Home with Single Level Living in the Desirable Talking Rock Ranch.…
A Metal roof is a win, win for both the environment and your wallet
Spring is in the air, and if you are thinking of replacing your roof this year, you might want to consider replacing it with a metal roof. With an average lifespan of 40-60 years, a metal roof not only saves you money but in the long term it can also have a positive environmental impact.
According to the Fidelity Steel Buildings choosing lighter colors such as white or yellow can have an impact on both your home and the environment. Did you know that lighter colors reflect the solar rays and emit higher levels of thermal heat? Dark roofs, on the other hand, tend to retain the heat. By absorbing the heat, your air conditioner works harder both on your wallet and the unit itself. The result is higher utility bills and overall reduced life spam on your air conditioner.
Another interesting fact from Fidelity Steel Buildings is an occurrence known as “Urban Heat Island.” Urban Heat takes place in developments that have a significant number of dark roofs. Higher temperatures in these areas due to the buildings retaining the heat from the sun can be detected.
Benefits of a cool roof
- Long lasting – On average a metal roof lasts 40-60 years
- Energy savings - By maintaining a more consistent temperature inside your home your air conditioner and heating unit run less thus saving you money
- Environmental health – Reducing the operational time of your air conditioner and heating unit reduces pollution
- A cool roof is designed to reflect more sunlight and absorb less heat than standard roofing. Can you imagine not only reducing energy bills but also your carbon footprint?
As is with any substantial upgrade to your home, the benefits of a new roof typically outweigh the cost. Far beyond the expense is energy cost savings, increased home value, but more importantly instant appeal to potential buyers!
If you would like to learn more about what buyers are looking for in Prescott, contact Kathleen Yamauchi Group Real Estate today!