Official blog of the Kathleen Yamauchi Group Real EstateSubscribe
- Home Selling Tips
- Prescott AZ
- Real Estate 101
- Real Estate Market
- Real Estate News
- Real Estate Sales Transactions
- Team News
11955 W. Cooper Morgan
Inspired by Generations of Ranch Living and Loaded with Luxurious Touches, a Gorgeous Single-Level Home in the Desirable Talking Rock Ranch…
It’s time to winterize your home in Prescott, AZ
Winter is just around the corner and winterizing your home not only ensures that you and your family are warm and snug during the upcoming months, you can save on your energy bills but more importantly you can protect your home from damage that can lead to costly repairs.
Winterizing your home in Prescott
- Inspect your Gutters – Did you know that clogged gutters can cause water that is blocked to freeze and seep into your home? Take the time to clean them out and make sure that your downspouts are carrying the water away and not toward your house.
- Locate and repair drafts – From electrical outlets to doorframes, windows, and recessed lighting these areas typically tend to be drafty. Sealing up these areas can save on your energy bill. Simply use a wet hand, or incense, to move over the areas to spot potential leaks.
- Don’t forget to check you insulation - Attic’s require 12 inches of insulation and moisture problems can occur if your insulation has backing paper so take the time to do an inspection.
While you’re checking your attics' insulation, don’t forget to check for any exposed pipes outside as they must be insulated from the cold too. Not only does it keep the pipes from freezing, it will prevent condensation from freezing on them which will help save on energy bills.
- Change Furnace Filters - Temperatures will be dropping soon so turn on your furnace and make sure that it’s working properly. Also, don't forget to change the filter in your furnace. When you put the first furnace filter of the season in, don't forget to set your digital calendar to remind you to replace it at monthly intervals throughout the cold season.
- Check your smoke alarm – While you are inspecting so many other aspects of your home, don’t forget to make sure that your smoke alarms are all functioning, and replace the batteries as needed. Also, make sure that you have a functioning fire extinguisher as well.
Forecast for a Warmer-than-usual Winter!
With the forecast for a warmer winter than normal, this is the perfect time to sell your home in Prescott, and Kathleen Yamauchi Group Real Estate can assist you in selling your home and buying the home of your dreams.
Established in 1991 we provide our clients with services and results that you will not get from a single real estate agent, or simple real estate partnership. Our full-service, boutique real estate service includes all of our exclusive services at the same price as hiring a single agent and another brokerage.
Contact Kathleen Yamauchi Group Real Estate or call (928)771-1111 and start exploring all the beauty that Mother Nature has to offer in Prescott today!